Wednesday 25 July 2012

INTERACTIVE DESIGN- initial thoughts

What "Interactive Design" means to me at present;
  • A design approach which involves the user in a physical and tactile way 
  • Providing experiences which focus on particular senses
  • Designing in a way that requires the user to participate in order to get some kind of outcome or result
  • Could be entertaining, visually exciting, rewarding or purely functional 
  • A more satisfying and full-filling way of achieving certain goals 
At the moment, to me it seems like a very futuristic technology based approach to design. Although I suppose you could just as effectively achieve an interactive design that involved no technology. 

Words that I associate with Interactive Design:

INTERFACE TOUCH VISUAL COMPUTERS CONSULTING SHARING VIRTUAL NEW FUNCTION SYMBOLISM INTUITIVE INCLUSIVE EXPERIMENTING TACTILE FEEDBACK LIGHTS HANDS-ON FUTURE TECHNOLOGY 


I wonder if by the end of this project I will associate much different words and ideas to interactive design? 
Or will they remain mostly the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment